Clinical & Medical Hypnosis
Perhaps you've considered investigating hypnosis and hypnotherapy but were put off by the "mystical" trappings that some associate with it. If so, you've come to the right place.
My practice centers on things that you can read about in medical journals, methods that are researched and peer-reviewed. In the hypnosis business, that approach is called "medical" or "clinical" and includes hypnosis for trauma, PTSD, pain management, anxiety, eating disorders, and more, but does not include "past lives", "remote healing" or other mystical stuff.
Behavioral psychology and hypnosis go hand in hand. Someone once described a hypnotherapist as a "subconscious behaviorist," and I think that represents what I do pretty well.
Modern medicine is increasingly recognizing the medical/clinical approach to hypnotherapy:
- The American Medical Association: "A legitimate treatment in medicine and dentistry."
- The American Psychological Association: "A powerful, effective therapeutic technique for a wide range of conditions, including pain, anxiety and mood disorders." And: "Hypnosis can also help people change their habits, such as quitting smoking."
- The Journal of the National Medical Association: "Hypnosis can, when used by trained personnel, be of significant value to medical practice".
Here are a few facts about me:
- Registered Hypnotherapist - Washington State Department of Health
- Licensed Recreational Therapist - Washington State Department of Health
- Certified Hypnotherapist - National Guild of Hypnotists
- Certified Hypnotherapist - AFL-CIO Hypnotherapist's Union Local 472
- Graduate - HMI College of Hypnotherapy, accredited by the U.S. Department of Education
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Practitioner (CBT)
- Member - American Hypnosis Association
- Passionate about ongoing advanced education and certification
- Member - Duvall Chamber of Commerce
“I have worked for over fifty years to disassociate the study of hypnosis from mystical and unscientific connotations.”
–Milton H. Erickson
What clients are saying:
"My world has changed since I started coming here. I was a bit skeptical at first but Rob has a calming way about him. He explained the process clearly and made me feel comfortable right away. I started to see results after my first visit and build on that success with every appointment."
"Rob is amazing, try it out...super relaxing, and helped me learn to sleep better!"
"Rob truly is amazing and I highly recommend him. I’ve worked with other hypnotherapist who weren’t able to get results in 5+ sessions. Rob consistently gets results in every session. He’s the only hypnotherapist I’ll work with."
"I had to thank you one more time for all the great work you have done with me. I'm flying to Vegas and have ZERO jitters. You are amazing and I am forever grateful to you."
The midwife and doctors were beyond impressed at how I was able to stay with it and calm the whole time. Very little pain until the very end.
Nice job Rob! You are so dang good at what you do.
Honestly, not voo doo but actually very good therapy, Hypnotechs in Duvall. He's very straightforward and not into anything strange. Very logical and down to earth.