Articles About Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
A great place to start your research.
There's a lot of great stories about hypnosis, hypnotherapy and their applications on the web, but there's a lot of not so great ones as well. Below we've curated a list of links to articles that help demystify and explain hypnosis, hypnotherapy and hypnotic phenomenon. We encourage everyone to do their research on hypnosis before seeking out a hypnotherapist and we believe this list will get you started in the right direction.
Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- "Is Hypnosis Real? Here's what Science Says" from Time Magazine
- Hypnosis Basics from Psychology Today Magazine
- Hypnotherapy on Wikipedia
- Hypnosis on Wikipedia
- How Hypnosis Works
- Understanding Hypnosis
- Hypnosis by the Mayo Clinic
- You're getting very curious: Scientists discover how hypnosis actually works
- Stanford Study identifies brain areas altered during hypnotic trances
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Has Hypnosis Finally Been Vindicated by Neuroscience?
- 5 Science-Backed Ways Hypnotherapy Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed
- 5 Science-Backed Health Benefits Of Hypnosis
- 10 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight—For Good
- Hypnosis for Quitting Smoking
- Everything You Need to Know About Hypnosis for Weight Loss
- Is weight-loss hypnosis effective?
- The 7-Day Hypnosis Plan: Does It Work for Weight Loss?
- Hypnosis for labor: Does HypnoBirthing work?
- I Tried Hypnosis During Childbirth
- How to treat PTSD with Hypnotherapy
- New uses of hypnosis in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder
- With Hypnosis, Anesthesia May Become a Thing of the Past
- Mind-Body therapies immediately reduce unmanageable pain in hospital patients, new study finds.
- Using Hypnosis To Be Better At Business
- The Use of Hypnosis in Anesthesiology
- I Got Hypnotized to Convince Myself to Go to the Gym. Here’s How It Worked.
- Limerick deadlifter, 53, breaks two world records; credits hypnosis
- What is Street Hypnosis?
- Stage Hypnosis - How and Why it Works
- Hypnosis in Interrogation - CIA.gov
- US Department of Justice - Use of Hypnosis
- US Department of Justice - Hypnosis Admissibility at Trial
- US Department of Justice - Hypnosis of a Prosecution Witness
- US Department of Justice - Hypnosis of a Defendant
- US Department of Justice - Disclosure of the Use of Hypnosis
- Is past life regression therapy ethical?
Other Hypnotists I Follow